At airports and in air travel, safety is always first. Thinking of you and all passengers, some items are prohibited and not allowed into restricted areas of the airport or into the aircraft.
Planning ahead and packing properly can facilitate the screening process and ease your travel experience at the airport. Know what you can pack in your carry-on and checked baggage before arriving at the airport. Even if an item is generally permitted, it may be subject to additional screening or not allowed through the checkpoint if it triggers an alarm during the screening process, appears to have been tampered with, or poses other security concerns.
Know what you are not allowed to carry and travel safely.
Which items are not permitted in checked baggage?
Among others, the following items are prohibited:
- Pistols, firearms or any other devices that can shoot projectiles.
- Metal or plastic toy guns/replicas, including water pistols.
- Slingshots, darts or sports clubs or bats.
- Objects with sharp points or edges, such as razors, knives, scissors and other objects with sharp blades over 6cm in length, syringes (except with medical prescription).
- Work tools.
- Fireworks, flammable liquids or solids, fuels, among others.
- Articles dedicated to cleaning Bleach, acids and poisons..
- Objects containing compressed air or gas.
- Radioactive materials or even suitcases with built-in alarm systems.
- Those electronic equipment that may generate problems such as the creation of interferences in the communication and navigation system of the aircraft itself.
- Any type of lighter and matches.
Checked baggage will be inspected radiographically and is subject to physical inspection as required by CESAC.
For more information or clarifications about items not allowed, visit Cuerpo Especializado en Seguridad Aeroportuaria y de la Aviación Civil or call to 1-809-549-8026.
We also suggest checking the baggage restrictions of your airline.
Are there any items that may not be carried in my carry on?
Yes. In restricted security areas and on the plane Passengers are prohibited from carrying any type of weapon or tool, aerosols or devices designed to stun or immobilize, objects with sharp points or edges or substances classified as hazardous, explosive and incendiary.
Please note that there are limitations to travel with liquids, aerosols and gels (LAG) in carry-on luggage. Check the regulations here.
To find out what can be carried in the hand luggage and how it should be stored, go to Cuerpo Especializado en Seguridad Aeroportuaria y de la Aviación Civil or call to 1-809-549-8026.
I am a smoker. May I carry cigarettes and a lighter?
Smoking in the plane and at the airport you may only smoke in designated areas. However, tobacco can be carried in your carry on.
Lighters or electronic cigarettes should be placed in your carry on.
Please remember that you are not allowed to use electronic cigarettes aboard the aircraft.
What should I do if I am carrying any forbidden or restricted items in my baggage?
In this situation, you can return to deliver the prohibited or restricted item to a family member or a friend, can check it in as checked baggage, if permitted, or deposit it in a disposable container.